We encourage our families to follow the California and Los Angeles County Public Health Dept.'s guidance, practice social distancing, wear face masks, avoid public areas keeping a distance of 6 feet from other people, not participate in group activities, travel only if essential, and practice good hygiene. Let's all go forward meeting this challenge as a community and nation supporting one another. In partnership, we will find our strength and conquer this challenge.
Please check this page regularly for updated information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as resources and tools to help adults, children, and families deal with the impact of this unprecedented challenge.
- Remain remotely connected with your family, friends, and our Willows Community. Even though we cannot be together in-person, we can call, text, FaceTime, and support each other.
- Practice social distancing, good hygiene, and follow the stay-at-home rules as directed by our public health and government officials.
- Limit your child’s/children’s and family’s interactions with others. Have virtual playdates. We do not advise engaging in interactions with those outside your family.
- Travel only if essential. Consult the CDC and State Department websites before traveling or returning to be aware of the restrictions may be placed upon you and your family members.
- Keep an age-appropriate dialogue going with your children and answer any questions with only the information necessary to alleviate their worries. Reassure your children that they are safe and discuss that you are remaining at home as a protection.
- Limit exposure to the news on TV, radio, and phones, especially for younger children, since this may increase anxiety.
- Try to maintain a structure or a routine in place at home.
- Take time for yourself to reduce your own anxiety – this helps you and your children. Practice mindfulness, listen to music, take a walk.
- Focus on the goodness in the world, be hopeful, and go forward with optimism.
Let’s all remember our connections to each other and the world around us and work together to create safe environments. Our actions now will either expand or contain the spread of Coronavirus, and we ask that together we do what is best for all members of our community, nation, and world.